Template:Citation Style documentation/date
- date: Date of source being referenced. Can be full date (day, month, and year) or partial date (month and year, season and year, or year). Use same format as other publication dates in the citations.Template:R Required when year is used to disambiguate Template:Tlx links to multiple-work citations by the same author in the same year.[more] Do not wikilink. Displays after the authors and is enclosed in parentheses. If there is no author, then displays after publisher. Template:Crossref
- For approximate year, precede with "
c.", like this:
- For no date, or "undated", use
- year: Year of source being referenced. Use of
|date=is recommended unless all of the following conditions are met:
|date=format is YYYY-MM-DD.
- The citation requires a
- The template uses
|mode=cs2, or the template is Template:Tlx.
- orig-year: Original publication year; displays in square brackets after the date (or year). For clarity, please supply specifics. For example:
|orig-year=First published 1859or
|orig-year=Composed 1904. Alias: origyear
- df: date format; sets rendered dates to the specified format; does not support date ranges or seasonal dates. Accepts one value which may be one of these:
dmy– set publication dates to day month year format; access- and archive-dates are not modified;
mdy– as above for month day, year format
ymd– as above for year initial numeric format YYYY-MM-DD
dmy-all– set publication, access-, and archive-dates to day month year format;
mdy-all– as above for month day, year format
ymd-all– as above for year initial numeric format YYYY-MM-DD
<ref>tag with name "date" defined in
<references>has group attribute "date" which does not appear in prior text.